4/26/12

Look what we found

Jeff, Wes, and I woke up early on Saturday morning and hit up the garage sales in our area.  We can't get enough of the excitement hunting and finding great deals brings.  I think it has something to do with our obsession with the shows Storage Wars and American Pickers.  Turns out, we did a pretty good job this weekend.  Jeff's prize from this weekend was a beautiful scroll saw pictured below.  It is in great condition and we got it from the original owner for only $40.  This one is ten years old, but a new one (of the same exact thing) costs about $800.  Jeff had been wanting one of these for a long time, so it was perfect. I wonder what I can make him create with it?
I found a few small items, but was really excited about my finds.
This striped fabric is exactly what I had been looking for to use for Wesley's first birthday party.  I got all this for only $2.  It's atleast 10 yards of fabric.
 I found this denim shirt for $1.  It was a perfect fit and I had been looking for a denim top forever, so I couldnt believe I found it.
This week's finds made it so worth getting up early on a Saturday (not that Wesley let's us sleep in anyways).

2 comments:

  1. wow ! you guys found some amazing things ! love EVERYTHING YOU GOT ...lets plan a saturday where we can all meet to go garage saling & go eat breakfast ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'd love that. we are gone this weekend, but maybe next?

    ReplyDelete